The Zillah Bell Gallery is an independent contemporary art gallery in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
- We are looking for someone to join the team as a sales assistant and to help with the gallery's administration.
- We are open to discussion about the days you might want to work; however we are looking for someone able to cover Saturdays.
The gallery attracts visitors from all over the country, who travel to Thirsk just to see what’s on!
With exhibitions changing monthly, the gallery represents and promotes an extraordinarily wide range of both established and emerging artists. The works shown include a broad range of media including painting, printmaking and ceramics. We are also proud to house the largest collection of Norman Ackroyd CBE RA's work outside his studio.
- The role would include helping to liaise with artists ahead of each show
- maintain the database which holds our stock list information
- day to day sales and help with some gallery promotion.
We currently have a fantastic team; who have worked with us for over 20 years - so we are looking for a team player who likes working with others but would also be happy managing the gallery on their own when needed.
Please note if you are a student holding a Tier 4 VISA it is a condition of your Visa that if you are studying for a degree level qualification (NQF6 or above) you are restricted to working 20 hours per week in term time, across all employment you undertake. It is your responsibility to inform any employer of all employment you undertake, including how many hours you work.
It is a criminal offence for students to breach their visa conditions, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK curtailed.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.