Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
- We are currently recruiting talented Quantity Surveying undergraduate students seeking an Industrial Placement to start in August 2018.
- Supporting the senior commercial team, you’ll be hands-on by visiting site and working with the leadership team. You’ll work across the whole of the commercial and pre-construction department, providing assistance in risk and value management, cost control, cost analysis, estimates and commercial management.
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Potential progression into e business to secure your future career with us as a graduate if you perform like a star
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Let’s shape your world together.
- We look for those who embody our company ethos
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Organisational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Live the Kier values, collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
- Academically you’ll on course to achieve a 2:2 or above on a quantity surveying related programme and accredited by a professional body
- You should be required to complete a 12 month industrial placement as part of your degree
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.