I.T and media developer
Spicy Mango is seeking an enthusiastic and personable front-end developer to join our team and lead the design and development of some great new products and capabilities for our clients. We’re a small team – so you’ll learn some great skills around how to develop a fully functional product from a simple high-level concept. Your interaction with the client and our creative and development teams will be crucial to success. A professional, yet relaxed and friendly manner is essential.
The role brings the unique opportunity to be based from home; hence self-discipline and an ability to communicate well are a must. As the team meets regularly in central London, the ability to drink copious amounts of tea and coffee is also a must.
We’d like the successful candidate to get involved in lots of aspects of the company. We know that you might not have 15 years of commercial experience, but enthusiasm and a drive to fill in the gaps is worth its weight in gold – and we recognise that.
- Angular, React, Bootstrap and Node advantageous
- Knowledge of using webservice API’s - abstracting, processing and storing data for presentation
- Logging and analytics experience –Google analytics or Adobe Omniture integrations
- Knowledge of testing, debugging and resolution of bugs and issues
- Experience (or a will to learn) aspects of product development – capturing customer requirements and drafting them to high level solutions and proposals
- Great documentation skills (Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, FogBugz, GIT, advantageous)
As a media company – any experience in working with the following (but they’re not essential)
- Media and video integrations – JWPlayer, DASH.js, HLS.js, DRM ecosystems (PlayReady, Widevine, FairPlay)
- Cloud service providers such as Amazons AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Cloud platforms
Spicy Mango is a technology innovation and development group that’s focussed on the media world. We work with broadcasters and service providers to help solve complex technology problems through development of ‘innovation blocks’ that can be dropped into an environment or ecosystem to deliver new functionality and capabilities.
We thrive on enthusiasm and strive to deliver great experiences through an extremely flexible and a positive approach to business.
For further information and to apply please forward your resume and a cover letter via email.