Traineeship at the Faculty of Business and Communication
The Internationalisation Unit works with a great variety of programmes including, but not limited to: study abroad programmes, intensive courses, tailor-made programmes, international summer schools, international placements, staff and teaching mobility, Erasmus + projects, etc. In addition, the Unit leads the internationalisation of the curriculum and the development and promotion of the Faculty’s international activities.
The intern student will be part of the team at the internationalisation Unit. This involves supporting and providing feedback to Director of International Affairs of the Faculty on international issues, collaborating on the definition of international strategies, as well as developing the administrative part of the international activities of the Faculty. He/ She will be responsible for the development of various tasks related to social media, relaying of information, communication, organisation and cooperation between the students and Internationalisation Unit within the Faculty of Business and Communication.
The intern student will play a key role in pushing forward with various initiatives as well as supporting the ongoing work in the development of policies and strategies to engage various institutions, multilateral organisations, and other key internationally based stakeholders.
- Supporting and/or managing the team with the different aspects (including recruiting, marketing, and controlling) of international events and projects such as study abroad programmes, intensive courses, customised programmes, and international summer schools.
- Supporting the team and participating in the administrative process involved in the implementation of international mobility programmes.
- Ensuring an efficient follow-up and quality assurance of the student and staff international exchange programmes.
- Developing new marketing and communication strategies to increase international awareness amongst teachers and students.
- Supporting key global connections, working closely with partner organisations
- Providing practical support to international visitors.
- Total number of training hours a week: 35 (work schedule open for discussion), typically 5 days a week. Occasional weekend or evening activities connected to our activities.
- Proficient in English (preferred C1) and another one or more foreign languages.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish is a plus, but not required (free Spanish courses will be offered).
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team in an intercultural and cross-cultural environment.
- Intercultural competences (communication, adaptability, etc.).
- Must be motivated, committed, organised and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to generate new ideas, be creative, and have a proactive attitude.
- Familiarity with social media and networks.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Previous international experience is a plus but not required.
- Field(s) of studies suitable for the position:
No specific field of study (desirable profiles from undergraduate (final year) or graduate students in Business Management, Marketing, Advertising, European Studies or Public Relations).
- Compensation: No financial compensation; Free Spanish extensive course.
Period: From 03/09/2018 to 25/01/2019 (other periods can be discussed)
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: