O2 Music Sponsorship Executive
Telefónica is on a truly inspirational adventure. One of the world’s most innovative communications companies, and the name behind flagship brands such as O2, we’re thinking bigger than ever before. We’re taking on new challenges around the world and exploring new ways to open up the world for our millions of customers.
O2 is the second largest mobile brand in the UK, so when you work here the opportunities are huge.
Are you up to the challenge? Then we want you for O2.
Sponsorship sits within Marcomms at O2, a powerful team always reaching for breakthrough thinking – always considering our customer segments, journeys and benefits. O2 is a challenger Brand deep in its DNA and our Brand & Marcomms team reflects and believes this.
We’ve invested a lot of time and effort building our sponsorship portfolio over the last 12 years and we’re pretty proud of what we’ve achieved. Some say our partnerships are best in class.
They enable us to secure outstanding content – 48 hours artist presales, in-venue deals, industry leading offers, once in a lifetime experiences and much more. And through Priority, our market leading loyalty platform, we deliver this to our fans.
But we don’t want to be complacent, so we are looking for someone to support with the sponsorships team administration and occasionally supporting with some of our larger key projects through the year.
Working across our world famous O2 music sponsorships: The O2, O2 Academy venues and the UK’s most successful digital loyalty scheme, Priority. You’ll be working with individual Sponsorship Managers to support key projects throughout the year and ‘always-on’ activations.
An incredibly exciting and rewarding role but one which comes with its challenges. You’ll need to be one of the most organised people on the planet, hungry to make your mark and ready to work with various award-winning rights holders, partners, and agencies on a daily basis.
- Helping to support the Sponsorship team with admin including:
- Calendar invites and diary management
- Holiday tracking
- Booking meeting rooms
- Produce the agenda for the sponsorship monthly meetings
- Manage the meeting minutes and ensure actions are completed
- Creating weekly reports and regular updates for the Sponsorship Managers, including the weekly team updates for the music team
- Music and Entertainment Projects:
- Get to know the key people at our stakeholders (AEG, Live Nation, AMG) and understand what they are trying to do, so that we can all work better together
- Priority Tickets:
- Helping to support the management of Priority Ticket and Priority offers.
- Overseeing our platforms and ensuring we stand out from our competitors.
- Who you’ll report into:
- Sponsorship Manager Music and Entertainment
- Who you’ll work with:
- Various teams and staff within O2 (primarily the sponsorship team)
- Agencies. Such as LIDA, Forward & VCCP
- Rights holders (Live Nation, Academy Music Group, AEG) and various music promoters
- A fast learner, eager to learn more with bags of enthusiasm.
- Hard working, committed with the ability to work at a very fast pace.
- Be one of the most organised people on the planet.
- A self-starter with high levels of initiative
- Knowledge of sponsorship and marketing.
- Be great at making things happen. And driven to doing so.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to make tough decisions and say no when required.
- Love working with and understanding what makes a great brand and sponsorship.
- Love working in a team but can also get on with things yourself.
- Never be happy standing still.