Paid Internship Business Analyst
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated intern for a 12-month placement within the Product Management function at SPI Lasers. This position is based in Southampton, UK and will work with our Product Management team in support of both CW and Pulsed Laser product ranges.
At SPI Lasers our products are used to make mobile phones, tablet computers, medical stents, automotive parts and solar cells; we design and manufacture for China, USA and Europe.
Our internships are a great opportunity for individuals looking for a placement year, or for those coming to an end of a degree in Business Administration/Business Studies and have an interest in Product Marketing. The ethos at SPI Lasers has always been to empower all our employees at all levels and support them in their unique and professional development.
Different to Marketing Communications, the Product Management/Marketing function has focus on:
- What products will be offered (the breadth and depth of the product line)?
- Who will be the target customers (market segments to be served)?
- How will the products reach those customers (the distribution channel)?
- At what price should the products be offered?
- Daily support of both internal and external stakeholders for the existing products.
- Help to drive timely delivery of new product introduction across the product lines.
- Maintain detailed market/competitor analysis and reporting.
- Creation of customer facing product documentation.
- Development of internal business cases and change requests.
- Help to drive the review of product roadmaps as an input to the long-term strategic plan for SPI Lasers.
- A genuine interest in product management and marketing of products.
- An effective communicator in English, orally and written.
- Excellent IT Skills, particularly working with PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Good organisation skills, with the potential to take on project based assignments.
- The ability to work well both independently and with others.