To participate as a team member within the Management Accounting team, supporting Finance Business Partners in the provision of timely, relevant and accurate decision making Information.
- To work with staff in the Management Accounting team providing timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- To provide support to Management Accountants through collation and analysis of data from various financial systems; attendance at meetings; preparation of models and reports to support team members and budget holders.
- To prepare, post, review and correct financial transactions, including journals, recharges, budget adjustments.
- To monitor income and expenditure as directed, investigating variances and identifying and posting corrections.
- To support the team in the preparation of annual revenue budgets, extracting and analysing data from financial systems as required.
- Work with colleagues to prepare year end forecasts and other financial models.
- To support the year-end process, preparing accruals, prepayments and other adjustments as necessary, ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards.
- To support colleagues with project work, including supporting the costing of bids and projects, and collation of data to meet contractual claims.
- To assist in developing relationships with budget holders, through dealing with queries and providing data as directed.
- To prepare and produce information for stakeholders as requested.
- To review processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- To organise own work to ensure monthly deadlines are met.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and to qualifying as an accountant
- Qualified to (or actively studying) CIMA Operational or Management or ACCA Fundamental
- Degree in finance related subject
- Knowledge of HE sector an advantage
- Working as part of a team, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines
- Working in a professional finance environment would be desirable
- Good communicator in writing, on the telephone and face to face.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Organised approach and able to meet agreed timescales
- Pro –active and willing to learn
- Good IT and spreadsheet skills, proven use of Microsoft software (excel, word, access)