Digital Content Merchandiser
A good home for everyone. It’s what we believe in, and it’s what we make possible. From our Southampton Store Support Office, we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create the homes they want. Join us as a Digital Content Merchandiser and you’ll help us speak to all these customers, all across the country.
- To create and implement customer-focused digital content across our websites whilst ensuring that the written content adheres to latest SEO best practice
- This will include producing non product related content, corporate information, and Help & Advice articles to enable our customers to create homes that they can feel great about.
- This content and its placement will be supported by data and insight into customer behaviours and needs.
- Digital Content Merchandisers play a vital role in the conversations we have with our customers and have the opportunity to shape our customers' experience at every stage in their home improvement journey.
- Plan and execute a range of digital content for our online customers including the development of design briefs , writing articles and the creation and placement of digital assets via ATG and BCC SiteBuilder.
- Ensure all written content and copy writing adheres to latest SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) best practice.
- Deliver and maintain areas of online real estate and customer messaging through the creation and amendment of merchandisable site assets.
- Work as part of the Digital Content Team to enhance and improve customers' online experience, using date, insight and analysis to inform changes.
- Produce performance data and customer analytics that can be used to inform merchandising activity and wider business proposition.
- Interpret and execute stakeholder briefs, including the creation of assets to support non-category and business-wide activity in-line.
- Build partnerships with other digital channels and business service owners (OSC and Digital Hub) to pursue best possible customer experience.
- Create, review and maintain digital channel content ensuring it remains relevant, accurate and offers customers clear actions and next steps.
- Constantly examine customer behaviour to inform digital thinking and enhance Customer and Content Plans.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for innovation improvement both on our websites and across business processes and work to support positive change.
- Demonstrate a relentless focus on the customer; displaying omni-channel thinking and behaviours to build a continuously improving, customer-centric culture.
- Commitment to delivering as part of a high-performing team and contributing to team objectives and development.
- Experience in creating and publishing online merchandising/content through CMS systems and ecommerce tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a large number of tasks, and to effectively communicate plans and results to wider teams and stakeholders.
- Customer focused professional with experience of working in online editorial or ecommerce environments
- Understanding of basic online merchandising principles - Calls to Action, linking and SEO basics
- Experience in using Web Analytics to drive insight and identify key opportunities for improvement.
- An eye for design detail and experience in producing short and long written content.
- Comfortable working calmly under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large number of tasks, and to effectively communicate plans and results to wider teams and stakeholders.
- Able to develop relationships with key stakeholders that inspire and influence teams across the business.
- Collaborative work ethic, with a preference for team work and a mutually supportive environment.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to deliver live content to our sites.
A good home for everyone isn’t just our purpose – it’s also what we are. As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work really worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.