We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment officer to join the Employment Support Team within Southampton City Council. The Employment Support Team support disadvantaged and vulnerable people into employment and training.
The role of an Employment Officer is to work with individuals using a Person Centred Approach to find and secure paid work, voluntary work or training appropriate to each client’s needs and aspirations.
- As part of this team you will require excellent communication skills to maximise opportunities for each client, employer and service delivery partner.
- You will need to be flexible, organised and adaptable to ensure each client receives the highest calibre of support on their journey into employment. Clients will need to be supported at locations across the City so you will have access to suitable transport arrangements.
- To be successful in this role you will be familiar with guidance and legislation relating to employment and benefits, you will also have an understanding of Equality and how it affects the workplace and individual behaviours.
- You will have an excellent level of IT skills and be able to use self-service, digital user platforms and MS Office.
- This is a Fixed Term post until 31st March 2019.
- The post is 37 hours a week, and occasional evening / weekend work may be required.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced criminal records check.