Junior Marketing and PR Assistant
Victoria’s Promise is a young, fast growing and innovative not-for-profit charity, doubling it’s reach year on year since inception. Victoria’s Promise’s mission is to eventually fill the gaps in cancer care for men and women of all ages, all across the UK.
Victoria’s Promise was founded in 2014 to fill the critical gaps in physical, social, emotional and practical support for young women with cancer and their families; services helping to improve the chance of survival and quality of life. Victoria's Promise are now looking to start supporting young men and extend their proven services to young women across the UK.
Victoria’s Promise also conduct cutting-edge research with University of College London and provide the latest in health and wellbeing education seminars to schools, GP surgeries and businesses; helping reduce the number of cancer occurrences and recurrences.
- Committed to providing quality work experience for young adults with the opportunity to build transferable skills in a fulfilling, modern and purposeful not-for-profit environment, Victoria’s Promise launched the DLR Internship Programme.
- Victoria’s Promise’s internal projects are categorised into three pillars, DEPTH, LIFE and REACH (DLR) which are designed to support the organisation’s mission. The DLR Internship Programme provides the opportunity for Interns to experience one specialist pillar or cycle through each pillar for a varied and rich work experience.
- This position is for someone with a passion for growth, for people, and for motivating and inspiring a movement. This is a varied role as part of the REACH pillar, where projects are to do with exploding VP’s reach across their volunteer base, online presence, Social Media, PR and their Prevention Education campaigns.
- Projects include innovatively growing our volunteer base to raise awareness and critical funds, to creating and developing engaging PR campaigns, cultivating the powerful potential of our online community, and reaching new schools, businesses and Universities to introduce VP’s life-changing new Health, Wellbeing and Prevention Workshops.
- This role is for anyone interested in exploring a career in either Marketing, PR, Social Media, Project Management and/or Not-for-profit.
- Maintain website and help create engaging and impactful content for Online, Social Media and Press Releases; to increase and engage online/offline supporters, raising awareness of VP events, campaigns and key messaging
- Create and support interactive and innovative PR campaigns
- Recruit and support a community of volunteer leaders across Surrey, Hampshire and London to support our events and campaigns in the regions. The leaders would be responsible for helping recruit further volunteers to support regular fundraising and awareness building events and campaigns
- Create and design Marketing and Operational Packs - Volunteer Leader Pack, Event Pack and Intern On-boarding Pack containing all the information needed to successfully on-board volunteers, interns and events run on behalf of VP by our key supporters
- Help reach new schools with Health, Wellbeing and Illness Prevention education, setting up introductions for the General Manager
- Creating and maintaining a genuinely interesting and valued regular Enewsletter
- Strong academic credentials
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong administrative and numerical skills, and a proven knowledge of IT systems
- Compassion and Empathy
- Recommended Interests:
- Marketing, PR and Social Media
- Innovation and Problem Solving
- Project Management and Facilitation
- Motivating and Influencing others
- Video creation and Website maintenance
- Public Speaking and Sales
- Partnership and Relationship Development
- Business Case Creation and Business Growth
Please email your CV with a cover email; we suggest including why you are applying for the role and why you believe you are well suited.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: