Product Design (Graduate Role)
Worlds Apart is a global toy company that prides itself on creating innovative children’s consumer products that both kids and parents love.
We are driven by our consumers and fuse insight, innovation and fun, ensuring we stay current for kids of today and toys of tomorrow. From our head office in Cornwall, our expert teams design, develop, sell and market award-winning products, while our China and Hong Kong offices ensure products are manufactured and tested to the highest standards.
Our people are our greatest asset - we strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered, but continue to enhance and grow their careers. Our team is insightful, experienced and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes Worlds Apart a unique company to work for.
At Worlds Apart we live, breathe and love what we do.
- We’re keen to hear from Design graduates full of great ideas with around 2 year’s industry background and an interesting and varied portfolio demonstrating proven concept-to-production experience.
- Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for the design is key.
- You’ll be CAD and Adobe Illustrator proficient with the ability to work comfortably with the rest of creative suite and happy to sketch on paper. In addition to peerless creativity, you’ll have the personality to fit in seamlessly with our lively and dedicated Product team.
- A design degree
- A desire to live in Cornwall
- A great portfolio brimming with passion and great design
- An enthusiasm and energy for Design
- Proven experience producing front end products for consumer brands
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in CAD (preferably solidworks)
- Quick and capable in Adobe illustrator
- Be comfortable working solo or in a team
- Experience designing across a broad range of materials (Desirable)
- A love of toys and be comfortable adopting a playful approach to their work (Desirable)
- Awareness of commerciality, ergonomics and other factors affecting the feasibility of a design (Desirable)
- Experience in Photoshop, rendering software (ideally Keyshot or Photoview 360) and office products. (Desirable)
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively (Desirable)
- Direct toy industry experience (Desirable)
- Animation skills (Desirable)
- Electronics knowledge (Desirable)
- Character design experience (Desirable)
- In return we'll provide a surprisingly dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent learning and development opportunities in a fun and supportive environment.