Junior Graphic Designer
7 days left
- Full Time
The Vehicle Wrapping Centre is the largest 3M accredited bespoke facility in the region. We specialise in automotive customization, vehicle graphics and fleet liveries, designing as well as installing a huge range of standard, along with bespoke printed, vinyl’s, most of which are designed in-house. Our clients range from small businesses and individuals to large companies with fleets of vehicles.
Our flagship centre based in Gildersome, Leeds is just the first Vehicle Wrapping Centre location, with plans to open in Manchester and Birmingham in 2016, then Newcastle and Edinburgh in 2017.
The role is to help with the design and production/co-ordination of vehicle graphics and fleet liveries. This is a creative role so needs someone who can manage multiple design projects and possess a keen eye for detail. This role will involve hands on work in terms of the print and production of vinyl – full training will be given.
Other roles will include production of promotional and brand material.
As part of the front of house team you will also be required to do deal with clients professionally, both answering the phones and managing in-person enquiries.
Photography and video editing skills would be advantageous.
The appointment of a suitable candidate into this role will form part of exciting plans for The Vehicle Wrapping Centre and the continuing development and expansion of the Design department.
Subject to completing the probationary period, there are excellent opportunities to progress well within the company.
- New vehicle graphic designs for all areas within the transport sector includes; cars, buses, trucks, vans, fleets, boats, bikes and more
- Become a product expert for bespoke vehicle graphic design solutions
- Drive the design process and take a key role in the design process
- Produce multiple designs and mock-up visuals for Client approval
- Produce panelled artwork for print ensuring the artwork is of high quality and resolution
- Review final design with client before proceeding to print
- Apply commerciality to all design decisions
- Prepare accurate visuals for technicians to work to
- Creation of brand material and other sales literature for company branding and promotion
- Checking / Approval of prints
- Must be an intermediate user of the Adobe Creative Suite Package.
- Must be able to manage multi design projects & ensure completion to a high standard.
- Must have demonstrable experience of creativity & design flair.
- Must be a practical person with a technical aptitude and be keen to build on your knowledge in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Must have a good understanding of MS Office.
- Preferable: Any experience of product design, 2D & 3D Design, Graphic design & 3D modelling packages.
- Preferable: Knowledge / Experience of print production.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to discuss, articulately all elements of the design process with colleagues from different parts of the business, eg production, sales and the client
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and achieve co-operation
- Ability to work within a small team and with staff at all levels and with partner organisations, suppliers and clients
- Be receptive to fast moving, challenging, rapidly changing and expanding operations
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and mature manner
- Ability to multi-task and constantly reappraise timescales and priorities.
- Self-motivated, ability to show initiative and develop creative solutions
- Problem solver
- Commitment to the positive promotion of the company
- Confident and personable
- Committed to high professional standards
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to respond to the needs of the business
- Professional image
- Full, clean driving license with some travel required.
- Degree qualified in a Product/Graphic Design Degree or similar related subject
- Any postgraduate industry experiences an advantage