Bonnier Publishing is the fastest-growing major book publisher in the world with group sales of £128m. Inspired by the aim to ‘publish for everyone,’ the group creates entertaining content across all genres, formats and price points. It is ultimately owned by Bonnier Books, a top 15 world publisher with global sales of £650m.
Bonnier Zaffre is looking for a Junior Designer to join the friendly team at its Marylebone office.
Bonnier Zaffre encompasses children’s imprints Hot Key Books and Piccadilly Press and adult fiction imprints Zaffre, Manilla and Twenty7.
We’re also home to the Totally Entwined Group, a leading e-book publisher in the UK and US. At Bonnier Zaffre, we combine brand new voices with established storytellers to bring a broad spectrum of high quality and innovative fiction to all ages.
- As junior designer you will be supporting the senior designer, design manager, and art director who in turn will help build your knowledge and skill set.
- On a day-to-day basis you will help prepare covers for production, gather relevant artwork for other teams when needed, and help with cover concepts.
- You will work across both children’s and adult lists to create a strong foundation on which to develop your career.
- A role at Bonnier Publishing is an opportunity to be a part of something different.
- You’ll fit into our culture here if you have a positive outlook and can adapt to change quickly.
- You also have to be a team player.
- We win together, we lose together and we laugh together.
- We are commercial, fast-moving, hard-working and we have fun.
- We believe nothing is impossible. There are no other major publishers like us.
- The ideal candidate for this role is a graduate of either an illustration or graphic design course, with strong creative flare.
- You will have a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, and a keen eye for strong design.
- A love of books and their covers is beneficial but not essential.
- Possessing good communication skills and being a team player with high energy will help you grow within Bonnier Zaffre.
- An awareness of illustrators, designers, and publishing trends are also beneficial to this role.