Acorn Internship Programme
Can you inspire others to deliver great guest service? Do you have an eye for the details and the hotel operations skills to match? If so, we’d like you to be part of a team that’s happy to be here at Jurys Inn – and that’s according to what our people tell us! #happyistheplacetobe
At Jurys Inn, our fantastic people make sure that every stay is extra-special. Taking care of our brilliant team is one of our biggest priorities so that they can look after our customers. If you share our values – friendly, genuine, positive, willing and consistent – you can expect everything from a career with real prospects to big discounts at our hotels!
We have two fabulous hotels in Brighton - Jurys Inn Brighton and Jurys Inn Waterfront and an internship opportunity in each hotel. This internship would suit a university student currently looking for an internship during their placement year, or may also be suitable for someone with relevant experience or qualifications who can demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for our wonderful industry.
You will have a true hands-on hospitality experience whilst developing a career within the hospitality industry.
The chance to work in one of our 35+ hotels across the UK and Ireland and:
- Be part of the UK and Ireland’s most exciting and fastest growing hospitality company;
- Join an award – winning team with a reputation for nurturing its talent
- Experience life in a dynamic and fast paced environment that is constantly growing and developing
PROGRAMME ONE (The Short stay)
24-week Internship period with Food & Beverage Focus
- Food & Beverage with conference and events operations.
- Opportunity to spend 2-weeks with our local sales accounts or HR department and Complete our F&B Academy development pathway.
- Complete six online Management Development modules from our people portal.
- Managing your own continuing professional development.
- Understanding the role of management.
- Becoming an effective leader.
- Managing your priorities.
- Using Team work to boost performance.
- Influencing, assertiveness and negotiation.
- Attend our 2-day residential First Time Manager workshop for new managers.
- Attend our I-day impact and Influence workshop for new managers.
PROGRAMME TWO (The Extended stay)
48 week Internship programme with Front Desk Focus*
- Front Office (40-weeks) with F&B, and conference roles (8-weeks)
- Opportunity to spend 2-weeks with our local sales or HR department
- Complete our Front Office Academy development pathway
- After three months begin our 9-month INSIGHTS Trainee Management Programme
- The opportunity to take on Supervisory responsibilities during your 48 week placement
- Attend a Graduate Manager networking event
- Bags of energy.
- Passion for real hospitality.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK for the full period of the internship programme.
- We can't offer you employee accommodation, but the Human Resources Department will be able to make local recommendations to help you find somewhere to live during the internship
- All of our internships are paid at the national minimum wage or above
- Meals on duty
- Employee hotel rate discounts
- Many other benefits!
- Be awarded an Acorn certificate plus a copy of your learning plan on completion of the internship for your continuous professional development record
- All Acorn Internship graduates are eligible for a direct final interview on the GROW Graduate 2-year Graduate Programme (subject to visa eligibility)