Junior Graphic Designer
6 days left
- Full Time
We currently have a great opportunity for a Junior Web Designer to join our unique and talented web design team. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for designing and maintaining the creative development of the leading responsive Mothercare Group Brand sites, mothercare.com and elc.co.uk.
As part of this job role you should have fantastic attention to detail and really take pride in your work. You should have good experience with HTML, CSS and the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop and Illustrator. Content management system experience would be useful, but by no means essential, as training would be given.
We are looking for an innovative individual who can bring flair and personality to the team and the role.
We will only interview candidates with portfolios and examples of work.
- Create graphic and HTML content in line with briefs provided by the site merchandising team including page layouts and themes, site graphics, banner ads and promotional content.
- Work with the online design and web teams to analyse effectiveness of content and continually optimise future designs.
- Support the Web Design Manager to effectively plan design resource in order to deliver designs on time
- Be aware of the contribution to the wider customer experience and overall business objectives. Understand and incorporate recommendations for future projects.
- Ensure the websites comply with legal and regulatory guidelines, including web 'best practice'.
- Be aware of design, development and process guidelines that the Web Design Team is working to.
- You will report to the Group Web Design Manager.
- You will be part of the Web Design Team that includes Group Senior Web Designers, Group Web Designers and Group Junior Designers.
- The Web Design Team is part of a large eCommerce department where you would have key relationships with the merchandising team and marketing team.
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of commercial web design
- Able to work within brand and design guidelines
- Highly organised, able to prioritise own work schedule and work to tight deadlines
- Team player, able to work with and support other team members
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and develop in the role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of responsive web design (Desirable)
- Experience of using or testing content management systems websites (Desirable)
- Design concepts for site changes and new projects (Desirable)
- cross browser testing, device testing and optimisation (Desirable)