Community Activity Leader
Duration: Three month fixed term contract
Working Hours: 15 hours over 5 days (will include evening and weekend coaching)
Rate of Pay: £8.50 plus benefits package
Working Location: Southampton & Solent area
Start date: As soon as possible
We’re the Active Communities Team - powered by Active Nation, a charity on a mission to persuade the nation to be active! We offer signature programmes and exciting events within Southampton and surrounding areas.
We are passionate about campaigning, motivating and inspiring people across the UK to experience the fun, the health benefits and the pleasure of physical activity, sport and exercise in all its many and varied forms.
- We’re looking for two brilliant Community Activity Leaders, with coaching background, to lead our award winning programmes sessions delivery.
- The successful applicant will be involved in working hours across a number of areas
- Disability sport and activity sessions (both grass rotes and talent development)
- ParkLives Southampton – free family outdoor fun in the heart of local communities
- Bespoke sessions for communities (schools, organisations and institutions)
- Leading delivery of mass participation events
- You will be responsible for delivering a range of activity and sport sessions, to a set standard, to a variety of people who access our programmes.
- You will run sessions effectively and efficiently, be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, undertake appropriate administration and adhere to our safeguarding policy.
- The key to our success is the team of brilliant workforce behind our projects. We're on the hunt for enthusiastic, proactive and responsible individuals who can deliver incredibly inclusive sessions that are fun, safe and structured.
- A-levels or above in a coaching/sports/teaching based discipline
- Experience working in coaching, sport or physical education
- Driving license
- Experience in delivering or working in disability sport environments (Desirable)
- First Aid Qualification (Desirable)
- Multi-sport qualification/accreditation (Desirable)
- Experience in larger van driving (Desirable)
- Free Legacy Membership at our Southampton sites (The Quays, Chamberlayne & Bitterne with access to SWAC, Woodmill and Alpine Snowsports Centre)
- Access to Active Nation Staff Benefits Scheme
- Career development and coaching CPD
- Travel Expenses
- Friends & Family Discount Membership
*This position is subject to a Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau. Active Nation is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.