Student Focus Coordinator
- The Student Focus Coordinator post is jointly responsible for supporting, developing and coordinating the Course Representative system and to research, write reports and support submissions for Union quality assurance processes.
- You will also take joint responsibility for facilitating and ensuring all officers are elected/selected fairly and democratically, whilst offering guidance on campaigns and manifestos to all elected officers and any agreed student led campaigns.
- As part of the Student Focus team you will ensure that the student voice has an influence both within the University and the Union.
- The successful applicant will develop inspirational training to support Union representatives (including Course Reps and Sabbatical Officers)
- We are looking to recruit a dynamic, inspirational individual who is passionate about delivering an excellent student centred service.
- The post-holder will have experience of supporting, motivating and training people, experience of developing and increasing participation and will demonstrate the skills necessary to develop new initiatives and deliver training programmes that inspire participants.
- In addition, the post-holder will have excellent communication skills, an understanding of best practice in supporting Union representatives, the skills to undertake and present research, analyse data and have the ability to handle competing priorities.
- An understanding of the complex issues faced by students in a Higher Education setting is essential.
Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University. As a charity led by our values and guided by our students, we do this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 20,000 students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.5M per annum, employing approximately 60 staff.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
Closing date for applications: 20th June 2018 (midday)
Interviews will be held on: 28th June 2018
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.