Junior Graphic Designer
At Michton we have an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Graphic Designer.
- Liase directly with customers who call in looking for a product
- To prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
- Proof work supplied by customers to ensure that it is correct & set up for digital printing
- Multi tasking and time management to work on more than 1 job at a time Liaising with sales to discuss requirements for each job
- Proof reading to produce accurate and high quality work
- Presenting finalised ideas to sales
- Developing design briefs to suit clients purpose
- Working as part of a team with other departments to provide artwork solutions
- Overseeing print production and managing our in house printing facilities
- Controlling, and being responsible for, raw material stocks
- Liaising with printer maintenance contractors to troubleshoot any issues.
- Passion and enthusiasm for design
- Photographic experience an advantage
- Flexible approach to working and eager to perform various ad hoc duties
- Accuracy and attention to detail, whilst having the foresight to identify errors before they occur
- Time management skills and ability to cope with several projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Organised and pragmatic approach to working under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills and confidence to sell ideas to clients and other members of staff
- Open to feedback and the ability to take criticism constructively, building on the comments of others
- University graduate with a degree in a design discipline, second class honours or above Working knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator & Photoshop at CC 2015 Level is essential
- Entry level knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes for a range of office applications
- Any developing skills in Photography or Web Design would be an asset.