Merchandising's about more than just number crunching. You'll be right there in the middle of all the commercial challenges and creative excitement that comes with bringing next season's hottest looks to the high street.
- Making sure the right products are in the right place in the right quantity at the right price at the right time.
- Easy, right? Wrong! You'll have to battle tight deadlines, juggle priorities that shift on a daily basis and secure the best possible delivery dates from suppliers.
- You'll also find yourself working closely with the buying, design and global supply teams to deliver a great range.
- This is a rather important role.
- There'll be products to buy, bestsellers to identify and sales information to pore over.
- So you'll need a highly methodical approach.
- Furthermore, merchandisers need to be born problem solvers and have tonnes of ambition.
- Finally, while you don't need to be the life and soul of the party, excellent communication skills and the confidence to use them is essential.