Designer - Home
Laura Ashley is a quintessentially British lifestyle brand founded on a rich design heritage and on the traditional values of quality and originality.We use prints and designs that evoke the alluring beauty of the English countryside, for the way you live today.
- We are seeking a creative Designer to work with our Head of Design – Home, in providing the design inspiration for our Home collections.
- This key role is responsible for helping to identify seasonal trends in design, style and colour.
- You will also be required to develop innovative, exciting and commercial designs for the Decorating department, that work within agreed price architecture, margins and selling prices.
- You will also monitor all samples through the development stage, amending where necessary and follow an agreed critical path.
- An important part of the role is the use of textile design software – specifically Kaleido, however training will be given on this system.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the print production process for fabric and wallpaper is important - as responsibilities include printing fabric and wallpaper collections twice a year.
- Based in South West London, there will be a requirement for occasional travel.
- You must have a true empathy for the Laura Ashley brand and the creative insight to develop commercial yet innovative collections.
- A design qualification is essential combined with a rounded design background in retail or supply chain.