Retail Shop Volunteer
CLIC Sargent fights tirelessly for children and young people with cancer, often when they feel they can’t. We do this individually, locally and nationally, so that they can focus on the important things, like getting well. And if the worst happens, we will work with bereaved families to get them support, to help them cope with their emotional pain.
Our Eastleigh and Shirley shops are looking for new volunteers to join the team so that we can raise even more for the children and young people who we support! If you want to be part of an energetic team fighting for young lives against cancer then this is the opportunity for you. Whether you have years of experience, are new to volunteering or just want to meet like-minded people, we would love to hear from you.
- You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in a range of tasks depending on the need of the shop.
- Being a welcoming face to the general public and representing CLIC Sargent
- Working in the stock room sorting and preparing stock for the shop floor
- Steaming and merchandising stock
- Keeping the ship clean and tidy
- Providing customers with excellent customer service
- Operating a simple till (you’ll be fully trained in this)
- Working with the shop team to ensure the shop is a happy and atmospheric place to be for volunteers, staff and customers.
- Good customer service skills or experience of being a customer yourself
- A good sense of humor and friendly manner so that you can interact positively with volunteers, staff and customers
- You’ll enjoy working with people from different backgrounds
- A passion for CLIC Sargent and the fight for young lives against cancer.
- You’ll gain fundamental retail skills and experience
- Full support from a CLIC Sargent member of staff and face to face support from the shop manager
- The opportunity to develop your customer service skills
- You’ll be working with a great team of staff and volunteers who all believe in CLIC Sargent’s vision.
Whether you have a few hours to give or 3 days per week – we want to hear from you!
CLIC Sargent, 48 Market Street, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5RB
CLIC Sargent, 90 Shirley High Street, Southampton, SO16 4FB
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: