Business Development Administrator
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of ‘Delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student’. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Business Development team.
- The post holder will support the daily delivery of the Business Development function, which includes commercial partnership management, commercial event delivery and a retail and reception function. They will be the first point of contact for all commercial partners and will be liaising with them on a daily basis to maximise their spend and ensure all aspects of their contracts are being delivered. They will also be tasked with designing advertising campaign briefs for our partners and working with the Marketing team to deliver these campaigns, as well as feeding back to our partners the student engagement with those campaigns. The post holder will support the delivery of class leading customer services within our retail and reception function and will be responsible for administering the booking of the Union’s spaces.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivating individual with excellent communication skills, including face to face, email and telephone communication.
- They will have experience of completing administrative tasks and be confident when negotiating with clients.
- The ideal candidate will be resilient and flexible in their approach to work, as well as being capable of independent decision making.
- The candidate should be able to evidence excellent organisation skills, as well as the ability to work well in collaboration with partners and colleagues.
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
Closing date for applications: Midday, 11th June 2018
Interviews will be held on date: Friday 29th June 2018
Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, CVs are not accepted as a form of application, candidates must complete a UPSU application form.