Student Focus and Advice Centre Administrator
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of ‘delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student’. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Student Focus and Advice Centre Teams.
- This front facing role will have the important undertaking of delivering and administering the daily functions of the Student Focus Department and Advice Service, including providing front line, student focused information reception service.
- It is vital that we give an excellent first impression that reflects the Union’s values and services and welcome students into the building.
- The successful candidate will deliver a professional and efficient service both in person, by email and over the telephone to all University students, partners and staff.
- The post-holder will also be responsible for booking appointments in staff calendars for students within the Union Advice Service and administering the Student Focus Department, whilst looking after the reception space.
- The right candidate will have experience of providing a high standard of customer services within a front of house position.
- The post-holder will also have an excellent track record of team work, attention to detail and working in a busy and fast paced environment.
- As this is a dual role across two teams, the post-holder must have outstanding organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and work flexibly.
- In addition, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be confident, resourceful and self-motivated.
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
Closing date for applications: Midday, 11th June 2018
Interviews will be held on date: 27th June 2018
Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, CVs are not accepted as a form of application, candidates must complete a UPSU application form.