Web Developer and Digital Specialist
We’re looking for a digital specialist to join our growing team!
We’re looking for a digital specialist to join our Marketing & Communications team!
The right person will have 1-2 years experience developing websites, working with content management systems and building creative solutions for others.
An interest in digital, UX and online marketing is important and having a degree in either marketing, design or computer science would be useful (but not essential).
We’re looking for someone who’s creative, confident with technology, who wants to learn more and develop themselves with the support of a great employer.
We’re a small independent charity that works to improve the student experience at the University of Portsmouth. Our Marketing & Communications dept is a tight-knit team of five creatives, collaborating to deliver integrated marketing communications and engage over 27,000 students.
- Support the delivery of the Union’s digital, membership and marketing communication functions
- Develop and maintain the Union’s website
- Champion our members’ user experience needs
- Act as the Union’s digital expert
- Support development of the membership data platform and other digital systems
- Measure and report digital engagement
- Manage relationships with external developers and service providers
- Deliver internal technology training, staff support and maintain digital equipment
- Oversight of volunteers and student staff assisting the department
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and good at prioritising tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others
- Intermediate HTML and CSS
- Good eye for design and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Awareness of SEO, open web and accessibility standards
- Experience of working with a range of CMS
- Experience of working with CRM and handling data
- Familiar with E-Commerce platforms
- Familiar with GDPR and data protection practices
- PHP skills (Desirable)
- Full stack development (Desirable)
- Web Project management (Desirable)
- Awareness of technological developments (Desirable)
- Work on innovative campaigns and projects, help deliver change for students
- MacBook Pro
- Great team of creatives to collaborate with
- Strong team mentality where everyone supports one another
- Regular training opportunities
- Regular team development days
- 30 days annual leave
- Additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
- Informal dress code where appropriate
- Cycle to work and public transport season ticket scheme
- Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free Library membership, parking on campus at a discounted rate, bike safe
- Sociable workplace
- Free NUS Extra discount card
- Serious amounts of coffee
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit our website. Please note, CVs are not accepted as a form of application - candidates must fill in a UPSU application form.
*Closing date for applications: Midday, 4th June 2018
Interviews will be held on date: 15th June 2018*