This is an opportunity for a technically skilled and motivated Database Specialist to join a talented team within an exceptional University.
The University of Southampton is renowned for innovation and enterprise. We are among the top 1% of world universities and the UK's top 20, with a strategy in place to secure a position in the top 10.
- You will join The Database Administration Team, part of the wider operations team within iSolutions.
- We are proud of the high-quality systems we manage and are constantly looking to develop ourselves and the services we provide.
- We strive to help the University achieve its goals. We are looking for a confident and positive team member who can contribute to this ethos.
- You will enjoy demonstrating resourcefulness, initiative and commitment to ownership of the work assigned to you.
- You will relish working to extremely high standards and be committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- Shaping, maintaining and developing enterprise Database systems in line with our reputation as a world-leading University
- Providing high-level technical support across our University-wide infrastructure
- Working collaboratively with other teams and suppliers to achieve the highest quality in everything we do
- Experience with Database Administration.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- The ability to work with a calm, methodical approach under pressure
- In addition, if you have professional skills in ANY of the areas on the following list, we are very interested in hearing from you:
- Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL
- Backup and Consistent recovery
- Database Replication
- Automated Deployments
- We offer excellent benefits including entry to a generous occupational pension scheme, 36 days holiday, staff discounts, and the opportunity to develop your career in a professional, friendly and caring working environment.