Project Evaluation Officer (Southern Universities Network)
The Southern Universities Network (SUN) comprises a number of higher education providers, further education colleges, schools, and other organisations in Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. It is part of the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP) initiative. The Office for Students (OfS) funded project aims to increase the number of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in Higher Education by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced evaluator to support the work of the SUN.
- Based at the University of Southampton, working in the SUN central team, the post-holder will play a key role within the network to manage and support evaluation of projects being undertaken within our target schools and colleges.
- The role will require travel across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to attend project meetings and to conduct evaluation.
- You will have a skill level equivalent achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification in relevant subject area.
- With comprehensive knowledge of HE policy and the widening participation agenda, you will have a sound understanding of a range of evaluation techniques and strategies.
- You will possess excellent communication skills in order to disseminate best practice to partners and other individuals working on the programme.
- You will have a detailed knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluative methods and concepts, and the ability to interrogate data in order to suggest improvement to activity delivery.