Project Management (Consultancy) Graduate
At Mace we empower our people to be collaborative, curious and embrace their entrepreneurial spirits. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We provide a full spectrum of project management services, whether it is advising a client on a new and evolving idea, preparing a business case or developing an organisational framework capable of delivering huge business transformation.
Client focus is at the heart of what we do. Our first step is to identify and fully understand what our clients are trying to achieve – we get under the skin of their vision, goals and values so we can realise them in the project or programme.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome.
- Work closely with clients and consultants to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Delivering projects through all stages of the construction lifecycle
- Contributing to the project execution plan
- Logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers
- Ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress
- Preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project
- Looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained)
- Construction-related degrees are preferred but we will consider high quality applications from graduates who have studied non-construction related degrees
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- Ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload