Junior Digital Developer
Sky Works is an evolving collection of inspiring individuals. Working independently or as part of a team in the Osterley office you will be tasked with producing high quality interactive solutions from visual concepts and designs.
You will develop HTML5 banner masters and banner suites which will be deployed in the Google DoubleClick Studio environment.
Within our busy studio you will also update and amend live campaigns, work on new product developments and administer product developments to a high standard.
Working with cutting edge technologies and software, you will be responsible for the delivery of your projects.
The accounts department will assist in the development of all digital assets. You should endeavour to create and maintain excellent working relationships with team members.
Self development will also be a key responsibility and you will be required to complete training upon successfully joining our team and attend further training sessions as required. This continual method of improvement and self development will place you in a good position to further your career.
Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of all development work within the overall Digital Development workflow with consideration of budget, meeting client expectations, objectives and specifications
Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations, where appropriate to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks
Promotes a consistent and admirable level of behaviour and communication at all times
- You will attend Digital Development planning meetings with clients and team members as required
- Ensure high standards of quality in all client deliverables (e.g. HTML5 banners, documentation, etc.) and in all work related communications
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens to and values the opinion of others
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organisation to meet the needs of the business
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s Strategic Imperatives
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development
- Supports the company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Digital Development activities
- Participates in meetings to establish the company’s Digital Development strategy as required
- Makes effective use of time and participates in ongoing training and self development to hone skills and improve capability to better assist the Digital Development strategy
- May perform other duties during sociable and unsociable hours, as needed, to meet the needs of the business
- Education & Certification (desirable but not essential)
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate Software Development discipline in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job
- A graduate degree (e.g. Masters of Science) within appropriate Software Development discipline in Computer Science is a plus
- Experience in Software (front end) Development essential
- Practical experience of CreateJS and GreenSock animation libraries
- Experience of creating animations
- Good experience with cascading style sheets (CSS2/ CSS3)
- Experience in a Graphic Design Studio/Agency environment or similar Graphic Arts environment
- Practical experience of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to turn design concepts into a finished product
- Ability to work without supervision and with good communication skills
- Problem solving and debugging using web browser developer tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of HTML5
- Knowledge of Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (Secure) – HTTP & HTTPS
- Building HTML web pages
- Basic knowledge of the company’s products, solutions and services are a bonus
- Basic understanding of the client’s products, services and brand image
- Basic people, organisational and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail)
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate effectively with key partners in other areas of the organisation, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritise work, and to meet assigned deadlines
- Office administration using the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic knowledge to a proficient level in Digital Publishing Development techniques and processes focused on Graphic Design and/or Branding, including emerging practices and display platforms (e.g. mobile, social, billboard, direct-marketing, digital displays such as D6 video)