Graphic and Web Designer
We are a leading company in scuba diving and are looking for an enthusiastic post graduate in Graphic Design and Web to increase the presence and brand awareness of the company through our digital channels. You will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills and talents in this exciting dynamic, adventure sport market with the support of our team as we transform and update our web based presence.
- Assist in implementation of marketing and communications strategies for the company.
- Creation of graphics for both online and print media, including advertisements, event invitations, posters, banners, newsletters, eshots, billing messages, social media posts and websites.
- Creation of HTML emails in email platform and branded eshot templates.
- Content management of our Magento platform Ecommerce
- Production of web ready product images and video in our studio.
- Work with own initiative to create and develop design concepts.
- Ensure websites are optimised for viewing on mobiles, tablets and in different browsers. SEO will also form a key element of website optimization.
- Report on key digital metrics including website visitors and click-throughs.
- Act as the first point of contact for technical website queries, both internal and external.
- Proactively research design trends and developments to suggest ideas for improvement.
- Maintain and continually improve the Company websites.
- Ad hoc design and online activities as requested by line manager.
- Keen eye for design and the ability to think of innovative ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop, as well as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of website standards, mobile optimization, SEO and effect of page structure
- Competency working with web-based systems and web programming languages, including HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 and PHP
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and debugging ability
- Effective and efficient time management and organisational skills to meet fluid deadlines and the ability to switch tasks and juggle jobs with ease
- Strong sense of brand value and how to influence it positively
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.