Junior Network Engineer
Cloud Direct helps ambitious organisations leverage Microsoft cloud so they can compete and grow.
The Junior Network Engineer contributes towards ensuring that the capacity, reliability and availability of network services meet the requirements of the organisation.
The Junior Network Engineer will also assist with the resolution of client based issues, this will require taking ownership of such cases from the outset all the way through to resolution.
- Reviewing, on a daily basis, the status of the core network, logging incidents where appropriate.
- Escalating, in advance, to the Network & Telephony Manager any likely breaches of agreed deadlines.
- Working with customers; nominated project leads; 3rd parties and other stakeholders to discuss technical service issues and assist with the resolution of said issues.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on Network technologies & features as well as potential integration and added value with other services. Using this knowledge to facilitate or unblock delays in progress of issue resolution & project development as well as defining road-maps and upgrade paths for these services.
- Working with others, assist with capacity & availability management of the network
- Problem Solving: investigate and resolve problems for services within his/her own area of responsibility; escalate where appropriate, following ITIL processes; manage network-related incidents and bring them to a satisfactory closure
- Provisioning network services/devices where appropriate
- Centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments;
- Knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge of VLAN, VPN and MPLS networking;
- Knowledge of QoS and LAN traffic management techniques;
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies;
- Basic understanding of core Internet routing protocols and services;
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention system technology;
- Hands on experience support a Cisco based network
- University (or equivalent) degree in computer science, engineering or a related field. Information system security certification highly desirable.
- At least two years of professional experience as a LAN/WAN engineer in a large and complex network environment. These should include one year of hands-on configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience of LAN switches, routers and firewall devices.
- Experience and certification in CISCO products (preferably at CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience in LAN traffic and WAN bandwidth monitoring and Network Management tools.
- Practical experience in information security, including vulnerability testing and security assessments.
- Experience in IT service management and delivery based on ITIL service management standards, supporting innovation and managing change.
- Pension contribution
- Health care cash plan
- Life Assurance/Critical Illness/Income Protection
- Birthday lunches
- Fun Fund
- Many more...