Back-end Junior / Trainee PHP Developer
Welcome to AudioLock; the new standard in music anti-piracy for rights holders.
AudioLock provides producers, record labels, artists, DJ's and digital download stores with the most cost-effective, rapid and accurate way to protect their releases from digital piracy and maximise revenue.
We only specialise in music anti-piracy. We do one thing extremely well, so you get a dedicated service and the best results possible. AudioLock is the world’s leading music specific Anti-Piracy service protecting many of the biggest names in music. We have an exciting and challenging new role within our Developers team as a Junior Developer.
Located in our Southampton office this role would be suitable for a recent graduate / enthusiastic individual wishing to enhance their technical skills within a fast-paced, creative technical environment who has an interest in the music and film industry.
The right candidate would be a team player willing to engage with colleagues, and other stakeholders, to further enhance the technical quality and ability of our systems. They should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in technology and be organised and innovative in their approach to finding solutions to challenges.
- Reporting directly to Technical Project Manager.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work with more experienced team members (collaboratively or individually) to develop solutions to current and future technical challenges.
- To follow company policy regarding technologies employed in any solutions and follow development guidelines and standards set down by the company.
- Fully participate and engage in company professional development strategies.
- Seek support and help when required from appropriate resources
- A willingness to learn and develop skills
- PHP (Procedural or OOP)
- Composer Dependency Manager
- SQL (MySql, CrateDB)
- Docker, Rancher
- Git version control
- Develop knowledge and skills in PHP OOP
- Develop solutions to specific technical brief and guidelines; developing ongoing skills and knowledge
- Evaluate appropriate tools and techniques to deliver solutions to known requirements
- Utilise SOLID principles when developing solutions
- Use industry standard techniques: Git (Version control), Composer (dependency management) and PHPUnit testing
- Use Docker containers as base for all development and testing
- Utilise TDD (Test Driven Development) techniques
- Quality check all scripts and functionality before deployment
Closing date is Friday 25th May - If you wish to apply, please send a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org