Engineering Insurance Graduate Scheme
Responsibility? You bet. Right from the start, you’ll be involved in interesting challenging projects which make a real difference to our successful engineering insurance and inspection business. You’ll specialise to become an underwriter.
What is an underwriter? Which risks are worth to be taken for the business? At what price and under what conditions? These are decisions you’ll make, after carefully assessing individual companies and negotiating terms and prices with brokers. Sounds a bit complicated? Don’t worry, our two-year engineering Insurance scheme is designed to give you all the skills and technical know-how you need to become a successful underwriter and technical specialist of the future.
We want you to get the opportunity to develop into a sector expert underwriter that works alongside our experts, helping to develop our underwriting and pricing strategy across a variety of lines of business, such as the construction, engineering and power sectors.
As a specialist engineering insurer, we have a large and varied customer base, so you could be assessing risks for construction projects, or machinery equipment or even looking at emerging risks such as cyber or renewable energy.
- Gain a huge breadth of experience
- Spend time moving around our business areas
- Engineering Account team - get involved in a variety of activities including pricing and portfolio management
- Engineering Standards - work with our specialist engineers supporting our large inspection business
- Claims - support our customers and claims handlers in assessing and settling claims
- Work alongside our technical specialists within different business areas
- Work on new product design to make sure we meet the changing needs of our customers
- Be involved in working with some of our trading partners
- Ensure Allianz delivers excellent customer service and maintains strong business relationships
- Evaluate risks to support the development of these key strategies
- Ensure we continue to grow our business profitably
- Locations: Liphook and Manchester
- Honours degree in mechanical or civil engineering, achieved or on target for a 2:1 level or above
- Valid work permit for permanent work in the UK without restrictions after graduation
- Flexibility to spend time in our engineering offices across UK
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Assigned dedicated study days
- Assigned funding you need to successfully complete the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII)
- Complete Allianz’s market-leading underwriting academy
- Opportunity to attend development programmes with your peers
- Opportunities to meet and learn from colleagues across the Allianz Group
- Buddying and mentoring schemes
- Opportunities to visit our key stakeholders
- Build a network of connections with other business managers of tomorrow