Festival Production Coordinator (Oxjam)
How would you like to run your own music festival?
Well now you can! Get involved with Oxjam Salisbury 2018 for a truly rewarding experience throughout the summer and autumn.
This is Oxjam, the UK’s largest grassroots music festival. This year Salisbury is joining the network of festivals to help support our community whilst raising money to help end suffering across the globe. Our motto is simple; Local Music, Global Impact.
Every October dozens of multi-venue music festivals take place across the UK as part of Oxjam Music Festival. Not your ordinary festival though; all proceeds go to Oxfam and it’s run entirely by dedicated and dynamic volunteers (that’s where you come in).
It’s about supporting independent music venues, providing a platform for up and coming musical talent, uniting music fans across the city and raising money to fight poverty worldwide with Oxfam.
- We’re looking for a Production Coordinator to be part of our core team who will work together from now right through until October to organise and put on Oxjam Salisbury; this will consist of everything from summer fundraising right through to making sure the main event goes off without a hitch.
- The Production Coordinator will work very closely with the Festival Manager and the core team to manage the technical and logistical aspects of the festival and fundraising events.
- Planning and executing the logistics of the festival.
- Managing bookings of venues and artists and being their key contact.
- Recruiting and managing venue coordinators.
- Managing health and safety and ensuring that procedures are adhered to at all times by everyone involved in the festival.
- Ensuring that insurance and licensing are up to date.
- Working with the Festival Manager to manage and deliver the festival on the day.
- A love of music and strong knowledge of your local scene.
- A desire to fight poverty around the world.
- Experience of event management.
- Leadership skills.
- A commitment to independent and grassroots music culture.
- Project and time management skills.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills.
- A Vision
- Experience in a similar role
- Be available on the weekend of 6th and 7th October 2018.
- Volunteering with Oxjam Salisbury 2018 offers a unique opportunity to be part of your own festival!
- Raising money for charity is always rewarding; with Oxjam the added benefit is that you will develop a wide range of real-world skills and have a great time doing so!
- You will be given real responsibility, but you’re not alone - you’ll be provided with full training and will have the support of your local team as well as the central Oxjam team throughout.
- Raise money to help fight poverty and inequality
- Support local artists, venues and communities.
- Rewarding achievement
- Meet new people and build personal network
- Have great fun this summer
- Real-world experience
- Develop new skills
- Looks great on a CV
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: