2018 Summer Internship - Programming and Database Management
This city based Financial Services firm is looking to add to their cohort of summer interns for 2018. They have recently implemented a new software solution (Signavio) for capturing business processes and performing business process management. Business processes have been captured following the BPMN 2.0 modelling standard and the team are now looking to create a mechanism for conducting enterprise business process analytics. Signavio offers a RESTful API for extracting process data and TPI are hoping to utilise Microsoft PowerBI for analysing and presenting the data.
- The team are looking for a bright candidate with strong technical skills to help setup and configure the API and create a PowerBI dashboard to report key process analytics to senior management.
- Programming and/or software development skills (RESTful API, Python, Java Script)
- Knowledge of database structures and schemer design
- Strong initiative and ability to conduct independent research
- Creative problem solving (ability to find unique solutions to complex problems)
- Ability to present complex concepts to a broad audience
- Some understanding of business process modelling techniques. E.g. BPMN 2.0
- You may be studying towards or a Computer Science degree, our you may be studying a Maths or Science based course and have an interest in programming.
- You may be self taught in Python and be seeking to implement these skills in a business environment. Whichever background you come from, don't delay, apply now!
Please do not wait until the deadline, apply now and suitable applicants will be invited to a telephone interview with us here at Step to assess your suitability. Please use the personal statement part of your Step profile to tell us why you think you would be the best person for the summer internship which is anticipated to last for 8-12 weeks.