Iceland Head Office are seeking a Junior Designer to join our Marketing Team. The role of Junior Designer is a fantastic opportunity to join the in-house creative team in an entry level position if you have limited experience but as an artworker are looking for a wider role. This position would also be suitable for a Creative graduate looking to work within Iceland’s Design Studio.
As Junior Designer you will be responsible for creating designs and artwork to final specifications supplied: to deadline and budget.
Accuracy of output is essential as is the ability to work on multiple projects, at speed: so time management and the ability to work well under pressure are vital for this role.
- Online: banners, zone pages, final sliced web ready artwork.
- Offline: following established templates to create new artwork for ads, brochures, POS and packaging.
- Page layouts, advertising art work for internal comms - with the skills to deliver all of the above as print ready artwork
- Generates Creative solutions that adhere to brief and follow guidelines supplied: that match a category position, Brand guidelines, or Product requirements in a way that delivers against the brief
- Good working knowledge of artwork production process including good working knowledge of Apple Mac technology & DTP systems (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Use of Word, PPT, Excel- ability to prepare presentations.
- Visualise to a good standard of presentation (or scamps if required)
- Understanding of print and repro, and colour management issues
- Project management
- Knowledge of design for web processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of design for video/social processes and techniques.
- Strong typographic skills and understanding of message hierarchy
- Ability to retouch images would be preferred.
- Degree level in relevant course (Graphic Design or equivalent, will consider Qualified to HND or applicants with the support of portfolio and proven design industry experience)
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates your creative and artwork ability to answer briefs.
- Experience in a design environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of print production and reproduction including screen and litho
- Ability to take a brief and deliver it effectively. From initial concept to final artwork
- Understanding of how visuals and copy work together
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate behavioural characteristics in line with Iceland brand values,
- Flexible attitude to working patterns to reflect the business requirement
- Solid presentation skills
- Understanding and creation of seasonal product stories.
- Multiplatform designer
- Attention to detail and a flair for copywriting
- Possess a customer focussed attitude