Associate Legal Counsel, YouTube
As an Associate Legal Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company.
As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As an Associate Legal Counsel focusing on YouTube, you'll discuss and draft content licensing and distribution agreements with content owners of all types, as well as advising on how local laws and regulations impact a wide variety of YouTube initiatives and products across EMEA. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. You'll work in a place that operates very much like a rapidly growing startup business, with a dynamic environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents.
Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft and discuss:
- Licensing and intellectual property agreements
- Technology licensing agreements
- Marketing agreements
- Content development agreements
- Advise management, business clients, as well as Finance, Product, and other company colleagues on:
- Legal issues and risks
- Complex agreement structures
- Approval processes
- Company policies and procedures
- Consultation strategy
- Develop expertise in the relevant Google products, including YouTube
- Build relationships with legal and business colleagues in our various EMEA offices and in the US
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- BA/BS degree in Law or equivalent practical experience
- Qualified solicitor
- Experience in private practice and/or in-house team
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Experience in consulting, drafting and advising clients on technology and media-related agreements, including multi-jurisdictional transactions is preferred
- Knowledge of agreement, media and IP law in a technology context is preferred
- Broad experience of advising on media and technology issues is preferred