Associate Legal Counsel, UK Regional Team
- Full Time
You will work as part of a team handling a wide range of legal matters. You are a legal generalist, and have an understanding of intellectual property and internet laws. You also have experience in handling disputes, regulatory issues and commercial agreements, with a genuine interest in technology.
In this role, you'll advise the business on its activities, including key legal risks and strategies, while working closely with team members to roll out new products, negotiate key agreements and manage regulatory challenges and litigation as needed.
You're a lawyer who thinks creatively and strategically enjoys rolling up your sleeves to address complex issues, and at the same time is eager to pitch in where needed to assist our rapidly growing businesses. You will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for tackling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an. ty expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents.
Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Provide sound and well-reasoned legal advice to the company, in particular to Management, Product, Commercial, PR and Public Policy/Government Relations teams in the UK, EMEA and the US
- Respond promptly and reliably to internal and external requests for advice on a wide range of topics, including:
- Regulatory inquiries
- Commercial regulations
- Data protection
- Advertising and consumer protection as needed
- Manage complex contentious matters as needed
- Manage a high volume of pre-contentious matters
- Assist in the prevention and resolution of disputes
- Assist with litigation and regulatory investigations as needed in cooperation with Google Legal colleagues and external counsel
- Represent Google adeptly with regulators and other outside influencers
- Qualified UK lawyer
- Experience in post-qualification litigation
- Commercial experience either in private practice or an in-house legal team
- Graduate degree (LL.M. or equivalent) is preferred
- Experience with a high volume case load is preferred
- Ability to distill and prioritise complex and urgent legal issues
- Experience in handling technology-related litigation and commercial matters is preferred
- A deep understanding of the online industry is preferred
- Curiosity about new legal issues
- Willingness to work on a broad variety of matters