4 days left
- Full Time
This role for a graphic designer to backfill for an existing role for 4 months.
- Thinking creatively to produce innovative design concepts and recommendations to ensure appropriate and effective communications that meet a design brief.
- Using a range of creative styles to design all publications and specialist material to promote campaigns, services and events in a cost-effective and professional manner.
- Acting as a guardian of the corporate brand together with the other members of the strategic communications team to ensure our corporate brand guidelines are always adhered to.
- Refreshing the branding periodically as decided by the Head of Strategic Communications.
- Working closely with the account leads providing creative design advice, delivering multi-design projects, working flexibly and keeping them up-to-date on progress throughout a project, ensuring that all design work meets agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Working direct with clients for externally commissioned work, providing advice and design services.
- Keeping them up-to-date with progress and ensuring work meets agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Supporting the strategic communications team as required with cartographic, illustrative, photographic, video editing and web design/CSS skills and ensuring all work meets accessibility standards.
- Working with the print room to enable accurate estimates and helping to deliver efficient print commissioning and production.
- Maintaining high levels of accuracy and paying attention to detail.
- All design work to be proofed by the designer and communications account leads before printing.
- Working with the digital officers to provide design solutions to be used in new digital channels, for example social media/website and MailChimp digital newsletter.
- Assisting the digital team with the production and editing of videos as required.
- Completing graphic design projects when urgent requests are received from clients/printers to satisfy/meet deadlines.
- Overall design quality and accuracy.
- HND or equivalent in Graphic Design qualification
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Up-to-date relevant software training
- Demonstrable experience working with Apple Mac computers and relevant professional software
- Knowledge of the print process and associated artwork requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate the abilities to plan/organise own workload, and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal