Trainee Vision Engineer
An exceptional opportunity for an individual with a good basic grounding in the industry, who wishes to develop their skills further, in the dynamic world of outside broadcasts.
The Trainee Vision Engineer will work as part of the team, providing technical support across our fleet of Outside Broadcast Vehicles. The position involves irregular hours and travel in the UK and internationally when required.
- Rigging and testing monitors, commentary graphics machines and fibre systems
- Provide support to vision engineers and vision guarantees on site and at base
- Working in tandem with the other technical personnel and OB managers
- Work from detailed plans to ensure equipment levels are correct for technical support and outside broadcast vehicles
- Basic operation of camera exposure, black level and colour balance controls
- Solve technical faults and problems with efficiency and professionalism
- Communicating and escalating issues where necessary
- Support the rig, maintenance and operation of OB trucks and external video facilities
- Assist in maintenance on video equipment whilst away from base
- Log any identified faults and where appropriate arrange for items to be repaired
- Minimise loss of service at times of equipment failure by quickly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds
- Higher Level qualification in electronics, broadcast technology or related technical qualification
- Basic knowledge of cameras, lighting and power systems
- Proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment to get the job done
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of IP Systems desirable.
- Full clean driving licence