Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what's at the heart of work - and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe - in more than 160 countries - our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
- Designer Artwork Prepress is responsible for ensuring that all files are correctly set up for print before leaving the studio.
- They will be confident in manner and have the ability to liaise with external print services, as well as being able to project manage the job throughout the print production cycle.
- To advise the client on the best solutions to their visual communication needs
- Liaising with other members of the team on jobs to go to print
- Liaising confidently with external suppliers and print services
- Prioritising and booking in work with printers
- Advising others on the most cost-effective and suitable production processes, as well as constantly sourcing new external suppliers and monitoring their services and costs
- Ensuring that technical specifications relating to jobs are adhered to
- Answering queries from clients and either handling these or (where appropriate) escalating to more senior members of team
- Ensuring clear communication with key stakeholders so that they are fully informed at all stages of the project
- Ensuring all jobs are proof-read, and checking printers proofs
- Being aware of budgets and deadlines for jobs, and escalating pro-actively and appropriately if there is a danger of going over estimate
- Working consistently and creatively within Corporate Branding guidelines
- Ensuring all quality control policies are adhered to, while constantly looking to improve and implement these
- High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent
- To have a good eye for detail and exceptional level of accuracy
- To be proficient in producing artwork and typesetting
- Basic knowledge of IT and server systems, printing and networking
- In-depth knowledge of production cycle and pre-press print technology. Must be able to understand print and imaging processes, as well as having a good working-knowledge of litho and digital printing and their limitations
- Motivation to continually improve core skills and industry knowledge
- Can demonstrate a portfolio of examples of creative / artistic experience