Teacher Training Programme
The Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership
This is a one year postgraduate initial teacher training programme. If you complete it successfully, you will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
For 2018-2019, we have training places on our Primary Programme (5-11 age range) and our Secondary Programme (11-16 age range with the opportunity, depending on their subjects, for some trainees to train on an 11-18 programme).
- We are recruiting graduates with a degree (at least 2.2) who have:
- A desire to teach and enthuse young people
- An awareness of the challenges of teaching
- Strong subject-based academic background
- Good communication skills
- An ability to engage young people in learning
- Adaptability, perseverance and professionalism
- We warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds for whom becoming a highly effective teacher is their career aim.
Applications are via UCAS where you will find our vacancies listed under provider code 1X9 (Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership). For 2018/19 our tuition fees will be £9,000, in line with other local and national accrediting bodies. Applicants may be eligible for a bursary or scholarship depending on their degree classification and chosen specialist subject.
If you are thinking of applying for one of our places and you would like more information or the opportunity to spend a day in one of our partner schools, please visit our website www.learnalliance.org.uk/scitt or call 023 8024 6950.