Junior Events Manager
An independently owned outside events company on the outskirts of Southampton is currently recruiting for a Junior Events Manager to assist in the smooth running of weddings and other events which take place across Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
- The role will involve hands on, operational management of the wedding or event.
- The successful candidate will be shadowing the senior events team and will learn how to run an event, with the view to running your own events in the future.
- You will work 5/7 days depending on the demands of the business.
- Weekend and evening work is an essential part of the job.
- Hands on management of weddings and other events from start to finish
- Setting up the location
- Greet the organiser and be the main contact on the day
- Assist in running food service
- Train and motivate the team
- Handle customer queries and complaints
- Some Experience in catering at events
- A full, manual driving licence to drive the vans to events
- A real passion for the wedding and events industry
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and a can-do approach
- Exceptional people skills
- A salary of £20k-£22k
- Excellent opportunity to get into the events industry
- Training provided to assist in your career development
- Opportunities for progression