The Court of Protection is the only body that can make decisions on behalf of people who lack capacity; make declarations regarding capacity; make decisions on serious issues about healthcare and treatment; make decisions about property and financial affairs and appoint a Deputy to have ongoing decision making powers. Involving the Court of Protection is often a lengthy and complicated process. The specialist Court of Protection team at Coffin Mew manages complex cases involving catastrophic brain injury and clients multi million pound estates. We have a Court of Protection Panel Deputy and also advise lay Deputies on various issues and applications.
- This is an exciting opportunity to provide valuable support to a growing team.
- The role will be a fee earning position and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the Team.
- You will also be required to assist with marketing and business development.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on all associated costs.
- Assisting professional Deputy in relation to both financial and health and welfare as part of a trusted support network for vulnerable people
- Assisting and advising lay Deputies
- Management of financial affairs under Powers of Attorney
- Creation and management of personal injury trusts.