Teach China Public School Program 2018
Are you an internationally-minded final year or graduate motivated by inspiring others? Would you like make a real impact on the lives of thousands of students dreaming of living and working overseas? The Teach China Public School program provides the chance to advance the learning experience of students in China across a wide range of ages and abilities. After 10-12 months, you will have had the opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the most fascinating and dynamic cultures in the world and made a real and lasting impact on hundreds of students.
As part of the program, teachers will be placed at a Primary, Middle or High School in China and receive ongoing training and support from a Government Licensed Agency. Positions are available in a variety of locations across China, including: Shenzhen, Beijing and Jiangsu Province. There are over 200 million English language learners in China, primarily taught using a rote system of learning, concentrating on memorisation of information and preparation for intensive testing. The Chinese government are encouraging more and more UK educated graduates to share their inclusive learning experience with students in China and work to improve their confidence in spoken English.
- Planning and delivering immersive, interactive and engaging lessons for students
- Recording and reporting on the progress of classes between 30-40 students
- Meeting with other Public school teachers on a regular basis to discuss progress
- Encouraging the use oral English on a consistent basis among students
- Conducting between 10-20 teaching hours each week
- A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
- A TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificate (this does not need to be completed at the time of application)
- Excellent written and spoken English ability
- Any prior teaching experience would be preferred, but not essential
- A strong motivation to encourage interactive learning
- £800- £1200 monthly salary (low cost of living)
- Accommodation provided, or an accommodation allowance
- International flight reimbursement
- Z working visa
- Long school holidays to travel and explore China
- Cost of living in China is surprisingly low, meaning many teachers are able to live a very comfortable lifestyle, while saving a large percentage of their monthly salary. http://www.opportunity-china.com/living-in-china/cost-of-living-in-china-guide/
- Teachers will receive ongoing support and training through their school or employing Government Licensed Agency, as well as pre-departure training from Opportunity China.
- They will also be responsible for ensuring you are paid and providing your accommodation.
- Schools and partner agencies for the Teach China Public School Program are experienced, working with both veteran teachers and those new to the world of professional education, offering flexible support and training to match different requirements.
Deadline and start dates:
Start dates will be September 2018 and February 2019
The deadline is June 15th 2018
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: