A fantastic opportunity has opened up at the UKs leading provider of multimedia content and national news. Working across topics including entertainment, news, sport and finance, they are a globally recognised company with a reputation for credibility and a long legacy of success. They are now looking for a talented Junior Designer to help design engaging assets for both web and social.
In this Junior Designer graduate job, you will be joining a well-established provider of content and services. Sitting firmly within the ever-changing media landscape, they pride themselves on offering unrivalled content and digital media services on a complete range of topics. With a number of offices across the UK, they serve customers all over the world - including major media and digital brands, businesses and public sector organisations.
- In this Junior Designer graduate job, you will be supporting the Digital Marketing Manager on marketing design and web output.
- Your role will involve you creating engaging and visually stunning assets to help promote their products and services, on everything from their social media to their landing pages.
- To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong portfolio of great design work and experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, as you will be required to create exceptional visual content for one of the world's leading media companies.
- Designing landing pages - from initial wireframes to high fidelity mock-ups
- Creating UI designs for the company's data products
- Branding for new products and services
- Designing assets for the web and social - including icons and illustrations
- Assisting with A/B testing
- Maintaining and updating landing pages
- Assisting with the maintenance of promotional sites
- Creating and scheduling emails
- Posting on relevant social media platforms
- Helping with monthly website performance and other relevant reports
- Assisting with the routing of email and form enquiries
- An undergraduate degree
- A strong portfolio of design work
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent core design knowledge - design layout and typography skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with websites and updating content through Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills - you'll be required to explain concepts to individuals who are unfamiliar with multimedia products
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- A proactive approach, with an openness to new ideas
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Previous work experience in a design environment would be a plus!
- A great starting salary of between £20,000 - £22,000
- The opportunity to work for a well-established news agency in Central London
- Real scope for career progression and professional development
- The opportunity to join a highly supportive and rewarding environment
- Great open-plan offices