Bike Tour Guide
Employed by Crew People International Ltd (CPIL) working on board Marella Cruises the Mountain Bike & Activity Advisor is part of the Destination Services team.
- Responsible for helping us to deliver our strategy of spreading smiles, you’ll do this by planning, organising and delivering an extensive mountain bike programme suitable for all customer types.
- This is a new programme for Marella Cruises and we’ll be looking to you to take accountability for helping us to establish this new offering within our excursion programme.
- You’ll also support the team in ensuring our passengers have the best holiday experiences possible – both on and off the ship – making us truly famous for service and creating customers for life.
- TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business.
- We are building a single customer facing team across our airline, contact centre, overseas and retail service teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer. Joining our ships will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
- Take ownership of the mountain bike programme within the Shore Excursions team by; providing and promoting a mountain bike programme which caters for all customers and incorporating a wide variety of guided rides and off road coaching.
- Create and continuously develop new exciting guided routes to lead, and compile a selection of route cards to assist in the creation of online sales content.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service, anticipating and exceeding customer needs.
- Set up, pack up, and actively provide assistance to all customers using the bikes each day to ensure they have a truly memorable experience with us.
- Help organise and host social events, support embarkation, deliver briefings and generally interact with customers as required – this may include supporting other activities within the Destination Services team to provide a seamless, one team service.
- Carry out all maintenance required keep the bike fleet (circa 40 bikes including e-bikes) fully operational throughout the season. Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Marella Cruises equipment.
- Ensure bike supplies are well stocked and place orders as and when required and in line with operational guidance.
- Ensure that instruction and health and safety are to the highest standard and take ownership of appropriate risk assessments.
- Has a customer centric approach, creating positive consumer experience, adding value
- Previous customer service experience with a diverse range of customer profiles
- Ability to design and lead fun, safe, varied and informative bike rides
- Experience of mountain bike guiding off road
- Knowledge of mountain bike maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of emergency first aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergency situations and a valid first aid certificate for the duration of the contract
- Knowledge of current mountain bike developments
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds including both customers and staff
- Ability to build relationships quickly due to the seasonal nature of the role
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to thrive within a team environment and build effective relationships
- Desire to support wider activities across the Destination Services team where required
- MBLA Mountain Bike Trail Leader Award or similar is desirable
- Resilient and flexible approach and ability to respond to customer and company needs
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV
*Please note* should you be successful for this role your employment company will be Crew People International Ltd (CPIL), this role is working on board Marella Cruises.