Junior Graphic Designer
Since we released our iconic P40 amplifier in 1968 we have pursued one simple objective: to produce audio equipment that faithfully creates a pure and natural sound. Whilst our contemporaries in America like heavier bass in their playback and often in Asia brands emphasise a mid-range mix to carry vocals, we at Cambridge Audio are sold on the unfiltered, unadulterated ‘British Sound’.
Cambridge Audio communication is managed from our office in London SE1; the same office where our products are designed and engineered. The Marketing team currently consists of a Digital & Social Manager (who is a copywriter too), a Graphic Designer (he's also a bass guitarist in a band), a PR & Communications Manager (who once managed festivals), a Trade Marketing Manager (with experience both client and agency side) and our Marketing Director(20 years in and around home electronics) to whom this position reports.
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team. We’re a business full of great people who are encouraged to develop their careers and push their own creativity and progression.
Having recently undergone a complete brand refresh Cambridge Audio is entering an exciting time of growth and expression.
- Reporting into and working closely with the Marketing Director, the Junior Graphic Designer will assist in driving creativity in brand development, direction, tone of voice and delivery of message, whilst maintaining the integrity of the brand across all marketing channels.
- This challenging and varied role will cover creation of trade marketing collateral, product launch collateral, in-store POS, webpage design (not programming), exhibition design, email design and photographic art direction.
- Work alongside the Marketing Director and Graphic Designer to assist in defining and maintaining the Cambridge Audio tone of voice and brand guidelines; ensuring worldwide compliance by our distribution partners.
- Support the Graphic Designer in the creative output on multiple projects from concept through completion (across all channels; online and print).
- Support the Graphic Designer in the areas of photography, styling, photo editing, video production and graphic design.
- Be involved with creative sessions for high profile project kick-offs and new product launches.
- Day to day studio management.
- Meet needs of creative direction for brand; always operating within the rules and guidelines set out in the company Brand Guidelines.
- The successful candidate will have working experience of Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print & photo retouching.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (with particular emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & print.
- Highly creative and innovative; bringing new ideas to the team.
- Quick thinker, adaptive; with an open minded, hands on, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to produce quality projects consistently.
- Understanding of photography & video – including the abililty to use a D-SLR to shoot both – isn’t essential, but would be of benefit.