Olympic Games Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the RYA as an Olympic Games Co-ordinator.
- Reporting to the Olympic Performance Manager, you will provide support with delivering the World Class Sailing Programme to best effect and co-ordinating all aspects of attendance at the Olympic Games, and pre-Olympic regattas (i.e. training camps and test events in Japan) for GBR sailors, coaches and support staff.
- The post holder will also be responsible for the maintenance of Coach and Olympic venue contracts, as well as some financial authority in terms of organising funds and payments for World Class Olympic Programme activities.
- This role requires a pro-active individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will be required to communicate with up to 120 sailors and support staff, as well as other internal and external stakeholders both domestic and internationally, on a regular basis.
- The post holder should also have excellent organisational skills with a strong administrative and/or logistical background.
- As an Olympic programme staff member there are expectations of setting high professional standards and having an extensive knowledge of Olympic sport or experience in a similar fast-paced and highly demanding environment.
- The nature of this role is such that some work may need to be undertaken outside of normal working hours, for which Time Off in Lieu will be granted. On-site attendance in Japan is expected in the August-September period for the period up to and including the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
- Range of benefits including pension scheme, free life insurance, 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.