Academic Learning Mentor
Ferndown Middle School is a successful 9-13 school with high aspirations for its learners and staff. During an Ofsted visit in January 2018, inspectors observed that “behaviour and attitudes to learning are consistently good in lessons. Pupils display positive behaviour to learning and are encouraged to express their views and opinions at appropriate times.”
The Governors of Ferndown Middle School are seeking to appoint 3 academic learning mentors to support children in class and to run small catch-up and intervention groups.
- Support children in class
- Run small catch-up and intervention groups
- Start date: 4th June 2018
- End date: 19th July 2019
- Hours: 30 hours per week (38 weeks per year – term time only)
- Work flexibly across Monday to Friday (half day on Friday)
- Educated to NVQ3 or degree level
- Graduate considering a career in education. . Experience of working with children in an education setting would be desirable
- Good communication skills
- DBS check will be conducted for the successful applicant
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.