Junior Graphic Designer
This is an exciting, contemporary jewellery brand specialising in the design, marketing and sale of fashion-forward jewellery. As well as selling to leading department stores in the UK and abroad, our online shop is growing rapidly. The brand collateral that promotes brand awareness and generates covetability is key to the success of this.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented & aspiring graphic designer to join our team to assist with delivery of all design assets to the highest standards, to deadline and within the guidelines of the brand identity.
This is a newly created role within the design / graphics department.
You will be working with different departments to represent the brand visually, reporting to the Graphic Designer, and working alongside the Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager and E-Commerce Manager. You will be helping to create weekly newsletters, homepage, web banner designs, online marketing banners, photography re-touching, social media assets and printed collateral for the brand. You will need to have creative vision and an eye for detail.
The role is ideal for someone looking for a job with potential growth and an opportunity to make their creative mark in a young, fast-growing (and most importantly) fun brand.
- WORK to the highest standard across various design projects including responsive site pages and assets, email, social media assets, affiliate assets, press assets, printed publications / collateral and presentations.
- A SOPHISTICATED sense of typography and its use across online and offline editorial.
- Strong RETOUCHING skills on product, model and flat lay images as needed.
- Good PHOTOGRAPHY skills; you may assist in some in-house flat lay creatives for social media, newsletter and banner content.
- CAPABLE of dealing with high-pressure situations, along with the ability to meet deadlines and accommodate last minute changes and changing priorities where necessary.
- Help create brand STYLE GUIDELINES (including templates and standards for all brand collateral) and keep these updated as necessary.
- Help COMMUNICATE all necessary information effectively to relevant members of the team throughout the design production process, within deadline and according to priority.
- Should be AWARE of trends and new ideas (in fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant) and should be able to interpret those into fantastic creative.
- As a graphic designer you will need to fully understand the brand and be able to embrace our DNA and brand look. We will be looking for someone who is passionate about the work they create and can work within a small team in a positive and fun atmosphere. You will be required to multi-task and prioritise accordingly, and work at a fast pace!
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
- Solid experience of working across a range of design projects from websites, editorial to print.
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative / creative ideas to constantly improve the editorial quality of the site.
- You must be a natural multi-tasker - with your role involving you working across multiple departments it is important that you have excellent organisation skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and with maximum efficiency.
- Highly organised, structured as well as detail and quality oriented.
- Experienced in usability and online best practice standards.
- Strong computer skills and proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator).
- HTML knowledge preferrable.
- Good photography skills; you must be able to visualise creative layouts
- Excellent photo re-touching skills (knowledge of Lightroom would be a plus).
- Video Creating, Editing and Presentation with use of final cut pro would be a plus.
- Contributor to the team environment and a true team-player.